Friday, November 25, 2005

Christmas is coming

And I have spent my day putting up a Christmas tree. Left to my own devices, my Christmas would be spent observing other people's antics and activities, not celebrating it myself. But when one is trapped under the roof of one's mother's house...well, one is often forced to do things one does not want to do.
So I have unfolded plastic branches that raised allergic welts on my forearms and hands, and I am currently listening to Green Day on headphones while "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" wafts through the house. Ah, the smell of religious fervour is in the air, tempered only by the stench of commercialization. What joy.
No white Christmas for me. No snow in this damned place. Just sun and sand and ignorance. And death. Black Christmas.
Listen. Listen to the man say racism is the cause of this country's problems. Listen to him preach tolerance and equality - empty, meaningless words. Watch the newspapers chart our progress on a downward spiral.
Yes. This is hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home