Thursday, November 24, 2005

This thing

I hate this thing. This jealousy thing. This bitterness, this empty blinding hatred.
So he says he loves me. He says I'm everything he's ever wanted. He promises me heaven come June, he says he doesn't want to say goodbye to what we have - whatever it is that we apparently have. He tells me he wants children, he tells me to trust him.
Why should I trust him? Why should I believe anything he says when he says it to everyone else too? Why should I care when he and Kristi are meshing so nicely that he barely has time to look at me?
Tell me. Tell me why I give a shit. Tell me why I care about him, this egotistical bastard. This...thing.
They deserve each other. Kristi and her big head and her loud mouth and her arrogant, bossy attitude. And that thing. That Avalon thing who took my advice when I told him to cut his hair and who let me pick his wardrobe, who wore grey when I said to and black when I suggested it. That damnable creature who pulls his belt too tight and who has teeth to frighten children.
Fuck you. And your hair.

You could have been my heroin...before I heard this.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Kane said...

Hmmm.

I wouldn't say "thing," it's a bit strong.

Did I miss something? What did he do?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

He told me he loved me. Now, who falls for that these days, right? I didn't believe him at first, but eventually it grew on me, and just as I started to care, I hear he's been saying the same thing to a whole lot of other girls.
Not worthy of decapitation, perhaps, or disembowelment. But castration? Definitely.
What do you think?

8:12 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kane said...

well...

You know, it IS possible to care deeply for more than one person.

But if you think that he's just jerking you around, using "the words" to use you...

I would say.
Fuck him. Not literally... Figuratively...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

I know it's possible to care for more than one person at the same time. I've been there, believe me. But this isn't that. He's a player, I smelled it on him the first time we met and I should have known.
Sigh...yeah, consider him royally fucked.
Thanks for the comments, by the way. They were a bright spot in my day. :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kane said...

No problem.

I'm glad I ran into you.

I was searching random blogs, and your combination of prose and thoughts is good.

I have added your blog to my favorites.

Talk to you

/s/ Andrew

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home