Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Skeptical

Well, I'm sarcastic, I'm cynical and now I'm skeptical too.
So much for your sweet words and your empty promises. You said what you wanted and you meant nothing except to hurt me. As though my heart hasn't been broken enough times already. As though I'm not fractured enough as it is.
You're just like the rest. Beautiful lyrics, a lovely tune, but no substance. No fire.
You're not going to break me. I'll never let you buckle your collar around my neck. Because that's what your "love" is, isn't it? A collar and a chain. Restraints. A cage. I could never live like that.
So walk on. Just pick up the pieces of your pride and your shattered ego and walk away.
Me?
I turn my face to the wall. Away from you.
I will never love you.

"I love you. You're everything I ever wanted."
Lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home