Friday, November 25, 2005

Another day

The headline today reads: "Mom's throat slit; daughter, 11, finds body on porch." Makes you wonder what the hell's going on in the world, and the purpose we all serve. I firmly believe that the majority of the population of this godforsaken country consumes valuable resources and uses up oxygen all the while contributing nothing but death and destruction.
Some people are alive only because it is against the law to kill them.
My schizophrenia's acting up again. I know I'm out of touch with reality. There was never any doubt about that. But then there's this.
I know he's not really sitting on a chair across the table from me with his elbows on the table and those brown eyes fixed on me...intense, intelligent...I know he doesn't exist but in the confines of my head. But my head isn't so confining anymore. He's in my life now. In the air I breathe.
For God's sake, Adam -
you don't believe in God
- why don't you go away?
you want me here, you know it
You don't belong in this world. You don't exist here.
i'll give you everything
You can't.
i will

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the battle of realities. Stay tuned for the showdown between the last vestiges of my common sense and the irascible Adam Gordon as they fight for control of my brain. And please, do enjoy the show.

"Reality is relative. And this is yours."

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Kane said...

Really?

I am sometimes caught in the same trap

About cameras...
Lets not talk about it.

But are you being truthful, or a writer (either way, the way it's conveyed is well done).

3:08 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

I really do think I'm schizophrenic. I haven't told my parents, or even really my friends. I doubt they'd understand.
Cameras...now you've got me intrigued. Care to share?

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home