Thursday, January 05, 2006

Musings

I find myself in a reflective mood this rainy afternoon. Outside the sky is cloudy, grey, wet. It's rained for most of today already - tomorrow there will be the usual headlines about some village or the other left stranded after the collapse of a bridge, the boys who died after swimming in swollen rivers, the stories of farmers whose crops have been destroyed and want compensation from the government. As though the government caused the rain.
I'm sick of love. Sick of empty words and broken promises. Right now I'll be happy if I never fall in love again, if I stay single and alone for the rest of my life. Life's so much simpler that way. And even as I say that I see Adam from the corner of my eye and I know that life isn't simple at all. I'll always be in love. Whether anyone else can see him is the question.
And I don't care. He's mine. He'll always be mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Kane said...

I've missed your writings.

/s/ Andrew

3:03 AM  
Blogger Ariana said...

I've been, shall we say, distracted. School has started back. At the end of this term, I have mock exams, and next term I'll be greeted with Cambridge A-levels. I anticipate not being able to post much between now and June, so you might only see me posting on Fridays and weekends.
Writing, unfortunately, is also on hold, something Adam is decidedly less than thrilled with.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home