Tuesday, December 27, 2005

OMFG

My mother is insane. I swear. I bring up the topic of New York, of the possibility of me going there next year - not necessarily forever, just a chance to breathe, a chance to be myself at long last - and what does she say? She says - and this is a direct quote, no lie - "Well, honey, why don't you meet some nice boy there and you can get married when your exams are finished and you can get citizenship? You can always get divorced after the two years."
There is no emoticon created in heaven or hell that can even remotely describe the expression my face is still wearing.
But it means she'll let me go to NY. For two years. On my own.
Faced with the prospect of not only absolute freedom but potential happiness, what am I supposed to think? How am I supposed to feel?

Roses are red and carnations are pink.
I want to get married...
What do you think?

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Kane said...

lol

your mother is cute to think american boys actually get married...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

Oh, it'd strictly be a marriage of convenience, dear. My convenience, mostly. I doubt she has any illusions about actually staying married.
Marriage...to me, an alien concept. I mix my languages and raise a toast. "Viva la vie boheme!" Hell, I'm all for everything taboo. And I mean everything...
But to be honest with you, I really do want to leave. There isn't much I'm not willing to do to get out of here. Very few sacrifices I wouldn't be willing to make.
So, lol, how do you feel about a temporary wife?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Andrew Kane said...

hmmm.

well I'd have to think about it.

any recent pics?

(man smiles)

/s/ Andrew

4:05 AM  
Blogger Ariana said...

I'm due to get some new ones from my cousin's camera. Not sure when those will be along or how good they might be, though. The camera doesn't like me.
Well, lol, you think about it and let me know.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Andrew Kane said...

Sure thing sweet pea.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home