Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mocks

Mock exams start on the 13th. My schedule is horrible, I have five consecutive days of exams from the 20th to the 24th - and in those five days alone, I have fifteen hours of exams, with five hours on the 23rd and five on the 24th. Anybody wanna shoot me?
My real timetable isn't much better...for the actual Cambridge schedule, I end up with five hours of exams on one day as well - lit and history, one after the other, and then Communications and history on another day - five and a half hours. I foresee my hand falling off...too bad I'm not ambidextrous, I could write with the right hand for one exam and with the left for the other...
Education is structured so as to destroy all promise of creativity and youthful spontaneity, I swear. After such heavily structured high school, with rules like American schools have never seen - earrings are regulated, height of socks and shoes are regulated, hair colour is regulated - one's enjoyment of life is left considerably reduced...and one is released into the real world, which has no such rules, entirely bewildered by society and not sure how to proceed. They say they're preparing us for life - they lie. Nobody cares about whether I can solve a quadratic equation. Nobody wants to know about the development of the peasantry in the British West Indies after emancipation. Nobody cares about the Caribbean anyway. Sheesh.
If I manage to get myself into the States and I get married more than sixty days after I arrive, and I can convince the authorities that I entered into the marriage for love and not citizenship, I can get a green card, I can become a lawful permanent resident and eventually I can get naturalized. It's my only hope. I cannot, I will not stay here. I don't know how many times I have to say that.
Somebody...please...get me out of this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home